The Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) #mydigitalmaker movement is named as a partner for the annual Petrosains Science Festival 2017 (PSF 2017).
In conjunction with PSF 2017, MDEC and the Ministry of Communications & Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM) will be holding the first #mydigitalmaker Fair 2017. #mydigitalmaker Fair is one of MDEC’s many initiatives to help promote digital making amongst students, teachers and parents. The fair is a celebration of Malaysian students’ innovation, technology, and creativity – the first event of its kind in Malaysia that MDEC is organising in partnership with global technology giants and leading academic institutions.
The #mydigitalmaker Fair 2017 will feature various booths by #mydigitalmaker movement and its partners, covering eight categories:
- Mechanical workshops (Young Innovate Competition, Arus Academy, 4×4 In Schools, and Chumbaka)
- Robotics (Rero, Creative Robotics, and Centillion)
- Coding (Kidocode and Myduino)
- 3D printing (Vagler and Kaki DIY)
- Drones (Tinker & Invent)
- Virtual Reality AKA VR (EXA Global and Blinkware)
- Gaming and Animation (Streamline Studios, Les Copaque, and LEVEL UP KL)
- MDEC dedicated booths for Digital Ninjas, MDEC Gallery and Digital Maker Hub
The event will feature talks with key industry players such as Streamline Studios, IBM, EXA Global, Amazon, and ADAX. There will also be a sharing session by #mydigitalmaker Digital Ninjas and the Battle of the Digital Ninjas in a ‘Shark Tank Concept’. Parents, teachers, students and key industry speakers can take part in a Coffee Chat discourse session, discussing about the importance of future proofing the next generation of digital innovators.
The #mydigitalmaker Fair 2017 will take place at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre on the 16 and 17 September 2017, from 10.00am to 6.00pm. Entrance is free for the event.