(Nasdaq: RMNI), a global provider of enterprise software products and services, announces its operational expansion in the Asia-Pacific region to include additional investment in leadership, sales and service delivery capabilities in the Southeast Asia and Greater China regions.
The investment is made to meet the needs of the Company’s growing client base and support the increasing interest and demand for the Company’s portfolio of premium-level enterprise software support services in the region.
The Company also launched a new subsidiary, Rimini Street Singapore Pte. Ltd., and announced the appointment of a new regional director of Southeast Asia and Greater China, based in its newly opened Singapore office.
Substantial Demand Drives Expansion
Rimini Street has been selling and operating in Greater China since 2015. The Company will support the next phase of its growth through hiring new staff in the regions, including experienced engineers who work close to the clients and speak local languages. Today, Rimini Street already supports more than 300 clients with operations in Greater China and Southeast Asia combined.
Empowering Clients to Follow Business-Driven IT Roadmaps
Like their counterparts around the world, CEOs and CIOs in Southeast Asia and Greater China must optimise IT spending, improve competitive advantage and drive growth. However, industry analysts maintain that for many organisations, as much as 90 percent of overall IT budgets are spent on daily operating costs, leaving as little as 10 percent of IT budgets to invest in strategic initiatives that create competitive advantage and enable growth.
“By moving to Rimini Street support, not only did we realise 50 percent savings in annual support fees right from the start, we also experience support services that are larger in scope, and better in quality and efficiency in comparison to what we received from the software vendor,” says Heidi Hsu, MIS Department Supervisor, San Fang Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
“We were pleasantly surprised by Rimini Street’s technical capabilities. Our IT team can now rely on a partner with deep expertise, and their ultra-responsive support delivery model has helped us free up time to focus on more innovative projects within the company.”
Expanding Asia-Pacific Operations
To serve its growing list of clients in the Asia-Pacific region, Rimini Street currently has offices in Hong Kong, Osaka, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo, three locations across Australia, and a recently opened office in Auckland, New Zealand. In addition, the Company has now opened up a new office in Singapore to serve Southeast Asia.
The Company continues to expand its local marketing, sales, operations and experienced engineering staff, and recently appointed Andrew Seow as regional director for Southeast Asia and Greater China.
A seasoned executive with more than 20 years’ experience, Mr. Seow has extensive background in ERP solutions and software maintenance services and served in numerous leadership positions for organisations throughout Asia Pacific, spanning across technology, aviation, telecommunications and financial services sectors.
Prior to Rimini Street, Mr. Seow was responsible for sales and account management at United Technology Corporation. Before that, he oversaw sales and distribution at IBM Singapore and led business development at Sabre Corporation. Based in Singapore, he will be responsible for leading Rimini Street’s growth and development in the Southeast Asia and Greater China regions.
“There is tremendous pressure on CIOs in Southeast Asia and Greater China to enhance overall efficiency and optimise their IT roadmap in order to invest in innovations and systems that support the needs of the business,” says Mr. Seow.
“Rather than follow the vendor-dictated roadmaps that consume too much budget and put pressure on resources with expensive annual maintenance fees and a steady beat of required upgrades and updates, organisations can now turn to a trusted partner in Rimini Street to help them take the necessary steps towards leveraging their significant IT investments to achieve business results.”
“Our expansion into Southeast Asia and further expansion into Greater China will help bolster Rimini Street’s already strong presence across Asia-Pacific. Furthermore, the investment reflects what we see as a strong and growing appetite throughout the regions for a much more value-driven, flexible alternative to paying expensive Oracle and SAP support costs for enterprise software systems,” says, managing director, Asia-Pacific, Rimini Street. “We are pleased to welcome Andrew on board to lead the Southeast Asia and Greater China regions.”