Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) today confirmed that it has identified a suspected positive case of COVID-19 among Warga TM through a preliminary test. The case is currently pending confirmation from the Ministry of Health (MOH).
The employee who is based at Menara TM ONE in Damansara is now receiving medical attention at a government hospital. The employee is suspected to have developed symptoms outside of the office since the employee went on leave on March 11.
Detailed contact tracing is being carried out by the Ministry and the TM COVID-19 Response Team to identify and inform those who had close contact with the employee, as well as investigating where the employee might have contracted it from.
Those in close contact are immediately put on home quarantine and those who develop symptoms are requested to contact the nearest district medical centre for advice and further instructions.
TM has also initiated Special Working Arrangements for its workforce nationwide effective 18 March 2020. TM employees with critical functions are given the options of flexible working hours or split working teams.
Meanwhile, employees of non-critical functions are encouraged to work from home utilising digital channels and online productivity tools available.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, TM has implemented a number of preventive measures across its operations to help contain the spread of the virus and ensure the wellbeing of its employees. These measures are as follows:
1. Frequent alerts and awareness on the COVID-19 pandemic to all TM employees and building tenants.
2. Carry out daily temperature checks on all employees, visitors, vendors, contractors and customers especially at its main buildings such as the Company’s headquarters at Menara TM, TM Annexe 1, TM Annexe 2, Wisma TM Taman Desa, Menara Kuala Lumpur and TM ONE in
3. All TM employees who deal with customers have been provided with the necessary personal protection equipment including face masks. Meanwhile, employees who have recently travelled to high-risk countries or have been in close contact with COVID-19 patients or suspected cases
are required to exercise self-quarantine and allowed to work from home.
4. Conduct routine and thorough sanitisation of TM office buildings and premises as well as other common facilities at the refinery, in accordance with safety and health guidelines.
5. Provide sufficient supply of hand sanitisers at TM offices, concourse areas, guest reception counters as well as TMpoint outlets.