Movement Restriction Order to be extended until April 14

(Photo by Mohd RASFAN / AFP)

Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhiyiddin Yassin has announced the period of the Movement Restriction Order to be extended until April 14.

“The trend is expected to continue for a while before new cases begin to subside. This means that the government must continue the MCO for a longer period of time.

“I am announcing the extension in advance so that my fellow citizens will be prepared,” he said.

The number of cases has increased to 1,796 cases in total, recording 172 new cases today.

The country has also recorded its 17th Covid-19 death today involving a 66-year-old Malaysian who died at the Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital in Muar Johor.

He has also announced that more than 3,585 beds in 34 hospitals nationwide are available for COVID-19 patients.  34% of the available capacity are currently being utilised, while the remaining 66% can accomodate new patients.

The PM in his live address has also announced that local banks will also be offering moratoriums for bank payments up to six months starting April 1.

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here