Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhiyiddin has announced that the Movement Control Order (MCO) will be extended until the April 28.
In his speech, he further stresses that schools will remain to be closed until the outbreak is completely eradicated and there will be no Bazaar Ramadan throughout the period.
He further urges authorities to increase control on the borders as no travels will be allowed.
Some businesses will be allowed to operate on a limited scale for the remainder of the MCO, and the government will soon announce the sectors that will be involved.
Earlier this week, the Federal Territories Minister Annuar Musa says only some critical construction projects will be allowed to be continued.
“Let me remind you that the war is not over and the fight continues. If we persevere, we will win,” said the Prime Minister.
As of today, another 117 positive cases have been identified.