Kenanga Investment Bank Berhad (“Kenanga Group”) was awarded 7 accolades out of the 21 categories at the coveted annual Bursa Excellence Awards event held at the Bursa Malaysia Listing Gallery today.
Kenanga Group was awarded with the following recognition this year:
- Best Trading Participant Equity & Financial Derivatives (Champion)
- Best Institutional Derivatives Trading Participant – Investment Bank (2 nd Runner
- Best Overall Equities
- Participating Organisation (2 nd Runner Up)
- Best Retail Equities Participating Organisation – Investment Bank (1 st Runner Up)
- Best Institutional Equities Participating Organisation – Investment Bank (2 nd
- Best Remisier (Champion) and (2 nd Runner Up)
“It is an honour to be recognised every year at this prestigious event. These awards are an
incredible testimony of our hard work and commitment towards excellence. We look forward to continue working closely with the regulators and industry players to further progress the capital markets, especially in the area of innovation and digitisation,” said Chay Wai Leong, Group Managing Director, Kenanga Group.
The Bursa Excellence Awards 2019 was graced by Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Bin Omar, Chairman, Bursa Malaysia Berhad, as well as Datuk Muhammad Umar Swift, Chief Executive Officer, Bursa Malaysia Berhad.
This year’s Bursa Excellence Awards, which was organised by Bursa Malaysia, was themed,
“Rising to the Challenge” to mark the difficult times brought upon by the pandemic and how industry players have rose to the challenge to navigate through the volatile market cycles and emerged triumphant in spite of the circumstances.
The awards recognised industry players across 21 categories, including participating organisations and select individuals who have played their part in shaping the capital market across three segments, namely equities, derivatives and the Islamic capital market.