SITEC announces Top 10 winners for the Selangor Accelerator Programme 2020

The Selangor Information Technology and E-Commerce Council (SITEC) has announced the Top 10 winners for the Selangor Accelerator Programme 2020 (SAP 2020). This comes after the programme’s [email protected] 3: SAP 2020 Demo Day that was held earlier at Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar Hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Officiated by Teng Chang Khim, Selangor State Executive Councilor and Chairman of Standing Committees for Investment, Industry & Commerce and SME, the demo day and award ceremony is the culmination of the four months of training, mentorship and learning for the 27 participants of the SAP 2020.

These startups come from a variety of industries and adapt various technology drivers and marketplace including logistic and enterprise solutions (14), EC (1), IoT & Smart City (5), SASS Model (2), Cloud Computing (1), A.I. in Agricultural, Fintech, Proptech (4). These 27 participants were carefully selected from 110 submissions.

The demo day itself was presided by a panel of eight (8) judges who contributed 70% of the judging score for participants of the programme. The other 30% of the cores included their performance and attendance for the aspects of the programme.

The top 10 start-ups of the SAP 2020 were, in no particular order:

1) LinkUp Smart Solutions

2) QueueMed

3) Ejen2u

4) Pomen

5) HeyAlfred

6) GA Alliance

7) Didigo

8) The Carpedia

9) Footballhub

10) Trucktrader

Of the top 10 startups chosen, LinkUp Smart Solutions, QueueMed, Ejen2u, Pomen and HeyAlfred were chosen as the top five (5) start-up, each of which walked away with RM6,000 in prize money, as well as other additional perks.

The SAP 2020 was launched in May this year and is a four-month accelerator programme aimed at making participating startups investor-ready. In its third cohort, SAP 2020 targets start-up based in New or Emerging Technologies applicable across industries and verticals such as Artificial Intelligence (A.I.), Blockchain, Cloud computing, Big Data, Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart City and e-commerce.

Over the years, the programme launched by SITEC has offered fully-sponsored local and overseas trips, valuable networking opportunities, peer support communities, hand-on workshops, pitching clinics and one to one mentoring sessions.

Due to Covid-19 pandemic, this year’s mentoring session has been done virtually for the past four months, marking SITEC as one of the first organisations in Malaysia to do so for an Accelerator Programme.

In previous year, SAP 2019 saw the Top 10 winners travelling to Jakarta, Indonesia as part of a study trip to explore the start-ups ecosystem of the country and the visit include to prominent startups unicorn such as Go-jet and Bukalapak. Meanwhile the Top 10 winners of SAP 2018 had their study tour in TsingHua University, China on top of pitching opportunities in Beijing and Hangzhou.

Previous articleUSD as the world’s reserve currency is here to stay for a very long time
Next articleGrab announces expansion to more cities across Malaysia


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here