Cyberview Sdn Bhd (Cyberview), the Tech Hub Developer of Cyberjaya remains committed to elevating local innovators and nurturing a vibrant tech ecosystem through the Cyberview Living Lab Accelerator (CLLA) programme.
Five start-ups successfully outpitched their peers before a panel of judges and were selected for the 15th cohort of the accelerator programme. These start-ups are Roomah, Pandai, Synapse Innovation, LinkUp Smart Solutions, and Move Robotic. Through the course of the five-month programme, these companies will fast track the development and commercialisation of high-tech, innovative products and solutions across various fields including property and education.
The CLLA programme provides a launchpad for start-ups and innovators to accelerate their business development and growth in Cyberjaya. The entire city of Cyberjaya serves as a sandbox for these companies to conduct proof-of-concept testing of their products and solutions. They will also have opportunities to network and connect with relevant industry experts as well as access to both domestic and international markets through private and public initiatives with the support of Cyberview.
Najib Ibrahim, Managing Director of Cyberview said, “Winning the digitalisation race requires companies to embrace a forward-looking, growth mindset and formulate a bold digital strategy at a rapid pace. Our accelerator programme offers start-ups opportunities as well as necessary access to create an edge for themselves among what is already a competitive landscape. As a Tech Hub Developer, we nurture tech start-ups to directly contribute to a more vibrant tech ecosystem here in Cyberjaya. This is also in line with the government’s recent MyDIGITAL initiative that looks at catalysing 5,000 start-ups in the next five years.”
Through the course of the programme, the five start-ups are given rent-free workspace at Colnnov8, a smart city collaborative space provided by Cyberview. On top of opportunities to pilot their innovation with Cyberview and Cyberjaya stakeholders, they will enjoy industry mentoring and various value-added services worth over RM100,000. Towards the end of the programme, they are given a platform to showcase their innovative products and solutions to relevant investors, corporate partners, government agencies and the media through Demo Day. Past Demo Days for the CLLA have proven to be able to bridge startups with the right parties that have interest in their products and solutions.
Shafinaz Salim, Head of Technology Hub Development Division, Cyberview said, “In the last eight years, we have nurtured 80 start-ups in their journey to realise and advance their innovations. Today, some of our alumni continue to contribute to our city’s innovative ecosystem as well as the country, while others have successful expanded their businesses beyond Malaysia, with presence across several regions. Our programme is centered on a demand-led accelerator approach that prepares start-ups
to focus their efforts on value creation in today’s digital economy, that is competitive and demand-driven in nature.”
Since its inception in 2013, Cyberview’s CLLA programme has helped start-ups to raise over RM87 million in total investments, generated more than RM218 million in total revenue, and created more than 550 jobs.
About the Cyberview Living Lab Accelerator (CLLA) Programme Cohort 15 Start-Ups
- Roomah is a platform that enables short to midterm rentals in 3-to-5 stars hotels by providing co-living space, communal area, and other ready living amenities to fill up hotel capacity rate.
- Pandai is an EdTech start-up that helps school students learn. Currently, the Pandai app focuses on providing continuous academic assessments such as daily quizzes, topical tests, and sample exam papers.
- Synapse Innovation provides predictive video and image analytics solutions through Machine Learning, enabling automation data analytics through cloud. The company has provided its services to Prasarana, UTM, and Petronas, amongst others.
- LinkUp Smart Solutions is designed to integrate all your smart devices in a single app, enabling them to seamlessly integrate, supporting over 1,000 products from various vendors and brands.
- Move Robotic focuses on developing technology for autonomous mobility robots. It aims to produce affordable and robust autonomous mobile robot technology as a solution for different industries, such as warehousing, production line, agriculture, logistics and many others.