The Selangor State Government has announced the implementation of Program Vaksin Selangor (SelVAX) which is two-prong programme namely, SelVAX Community and SelVAX Industry. On 15 June 2021, CITF Selangor has agreed that SelVAX be accepted as one of the supporting programs to the National Covid-19 Immunization Program (PICK).
SELGATE Healthcare Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of the State Government, was appointed on 24 February 2021 to implement the SelVAX program. On 1 June 2021, SELCARE Pharmacy Sdn Bhd (a subsidiary of SELGATE) entered into a Supply and Distribution
Agreement with Pharmaniaga Lifescience Sdn Bhd for the procurement of 2,500,000 doses of Covid-19 Sinovac Vaccines.
SelVAX Industry aims to vaccinate 1,000,000 employees (2,000,000 doses of vaccine) and is open to Companies/Industries to participate voluntarily. However, companies/industries must cover the cost of participating in the SelVAX Industry
program to vaccinate their employees.
The initial phase of SelVAX Industry began on 26 June 2021 to ensure that the system, management and administration of the program would be running smoothly. Companies/Industries participating in SelVAX Industry are subject to the following conditions:
- Open to Companies/Industries and not to Individuals
- The cost of the entire programme – service, system, management and vaccination will be borne by the Company/Employer and they cannot impose any fees/charges on their employees.
- The total cost of this program which has been agreed by the Selangor State Government for companies/employers is RM350.00 for two doses.
- Comanies/Employers participating in SelVAX Industry are not allowed to resell the appointment slots they have acquired to other companies/individuals.
- Vaccination is only by appointment. Walk-ins are not allowed.
- According to the terms and conditions of the program that have been set.
The SelVAX Industry has also agreed to set a number of industry sector focus and companies that will be given priority to participate in the program. The SelVAX Industry Committee at a meeting held on July 2, 2021 has decided that the implementation of the SelVAX Industry program should be based on the “Industry Oriented Ring Vaccination Strategy” (Industry Oriented Vaccination Strategy).
Industry’s needs in the manufacturing and services sectors will be given priority and factories and companies with the most employees will be given priority subject to the acceptance of offer and its processes. However, a category of SMEs with less than 200 employees will also be be included in the programme simultaneously.
Among the main focus of the SelVAX Industry program are:
- Companies registered and/or operating in the State of Selangor and the Klang
- Companies in the essential sector/business (approved by the National Security
Council) such as:
a. Water, electricity and energy
c. Food and drinks
d. Factory of groceries, beverages and basic daily necessities
e. Veterinary and animal feed requirements
f. Daily or personal items (hardware)
g. Security and safety, defense, emergency, welfare and humanitarian aid
h. Transportation – land, water and air
i. Services and operations of Ports, shipyards and airports
j. Hotels and lodging (for quarantine purposes)
k. Banking, insurance, takaful and capital markets
l. Fuel and lubricants industry
m. Communications (media, telecommunications and internet)
n. Cleaning, solid waste management and sewerage
o. E-commerce and information technology
p. Vehicle repair and related spare parts
q. Sale of hardware, equipment and spare parts
r. Food, beverage and package delivery services
s. Construction, maintenance, repair and wiring are critical
t. Fisheries, plantation, agriculture, livestock and related
u. Legislation and judiciary
- Company with large number of employees
SELCARE Clinic (a subsidiary of SELGATE) a health service provider that will implement the vaccination program will issue quotations to companies that have registered interest. Companies that have made full payment will upload a list of employees into the system and then will be given an appointment through SELangkah App.
Vaccine Administration Centers (PPV) that have been provided for the SelVAX Industry are as follows:
- Tropicana Gardens Mall, Kota Damansara
- Evo Mall, Bandar Baru Bangi
- Hotel De Palma, Shah Alam
- Kompleks Sukan PKNS, Kelana Jaya
- Aurora Place, Bukit Jalil