BCorp Sells Stake In Razer Fintech For RM224 Million And Divests Other Non-Core Business

Berjaya Corporation Group CEO Jalil Rasheed.

Berjaya Corporation Berhad via Berjaya Fintech has divested its 30% equity interest in Razer Fintech Holdings Pte Ltd to Razer Midas for a cash consideration of USD53.568 million (equivalent to approximately RM223.89 million).

The group had owned a 49% stake in Razer Fintech with the remaining 51% held by Razer Midas. Following the disposal, BFinTech will now hold a 19% stake in the company.

Separately the Group has also divested a 70% stake in Berjaya China Motor Sdn Bhd for a cash consideration of approximately RM13.279 million and disposed of its printing business, Graphic Press Group Sdn Bhd for RM 26.1 million.

Commenting on the divestments, CEO, Jalil Rasheed said, “The divestments of BCorp’s interests in Razer Fintech and Berjaya China Motor, as well as the closure of Graphic Press, is part of the transformation strategy to streamline our operations, divest non-core assets, and focus on higher growth opportunities across our core businesses in order to enhance shareholder value. And in the case of Razer, it was especially appealing as we had a significant return on our investment in a relatively short time.”

In June this year, BCorp unveiled a 3-year strategic plan to move the Group forward into an institutionalised high performing consumer group with focused core business segments. The process is aimed at optimising resources, improving synergies and efficiency within the Group.

Previous articleAwantec Records 300% Revenue Growth As Cloud Segment Expands
Next articleGenting Malaysia Quarterly Losses Improves 58% To RM307 Million

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here