After 30 years as a pioneer in men’s skincare, Lab Series has become synonymous with science-backed, high-performance skincare designed specifically for men’s skin physiology. And now, the iconic brand is evolving.
Men are increasingly taking control of their personal wellbeing and embracing looking and feeling better. LAB SERIES is rising to meet their needs with a complete 360-degree rebrand. Every aspect of the brand’s positioning has been upgraded: from new packaging focusing on environmental sustainability to a more interactive shopping experience to a new brand campaign urging men to invent themselves through the confidence the brand instills in them – Because when their skin looks and feels it’s best, they feel free to be just who they want to be.
Introducing A New Look
All the brand packaging has been redesigned with the consumer in mind to be functional, modern, and easy to navigate with clear product benefits and ingredients callouts on pack. Six new product series targeted to the most common male skincare concerns are color-coded based on the benefits of the products for instant recognition: Daily Rescue, All-in-One, Oil Control, Anti-Age MAX LS, Grooming, and Instant Fix. A new, sleeker logo ties it all together.
LAB SERIES believes protecting the environment is as important as taking care of men’s skin and striving to enact new sustainability measures:
▪ More than half of packaging by weight will be recyclable, refillable, reusable, recycled or recoverable with the goal to reach 75% by 2025.
▪ More than half of the new packaging contains a minimum of 20% recycled content.
▪ 100% of cartons will be recyclable and are made using FSC-certified paperboard.
▪ LAB SERIES is introducing refillable cartridges under its luxury skincare line with ANTI-AGE MAX LS Serum & Lotion. Using the available refills and reusing the bottle’s pump helps contribute to the reduction of plastic waste by at least 20%*.
*Based on the usage of a minimum of two refills.
New packaging is available from 1st February 2022.
To mark the evolution of LAB SERIES, a new campaign celebrates extraordinary moments of invention in the lives of five different men who each embody the new skincare product series of the brand. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to skincare and through its own evolution, the new LAB SERIES urges men to do the same: “Invent Yourself”.
▪ Daily Rescue: Olympic medalist and world champion fencer, Race Imboden, brings the Daily Rescue series to life through his athletic, driven and active lifestyle. Whether in the gym or off duty, Imboden demands performance through hydration, energy, and recovery.
▪ All-In-One: Alex Schlab is athletically and academically gifted. He excels in both worlds and embodies the All-In-One series. Always on the go, this master multi-tasker is not only a top 10 scholar but also a star student athlete who demands unfussy performance in his daily skincare routine.
▪ Oil Control: As a professional ballet dancer, model and actor Barton Cowperthwaite knows how to use his skills to create and express himself. Drawing inspiration from a variety of sources, he is the perfect face of the Oil Control series.
▪ Anti-Age Max LS: Veteran models Armando Cabral and Francisco Lachowski know a thing or two about longevity and together bring their savviness to embody the Anti-Age Max LS series. Cabral has evolved from model to internationally acclaimed shoe and product designer. Lachowski has been ranked as a top industry icon with a passion for competitive cycling, tennis, and co-owns a clothing company. The endeavors of both men prove the power of reinvention synonymous with the Anti-Age Max LS line.