The government could decide on the use of MySejahtera application as a standard operating procedure (SOP) for check-ins to be scrapped.
Health Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin said the decision would be determined based on the COVID-19 infection trend as well as the mobility data of residents and travelers when the borders reopen on April 1.
Adding the final decision on this matter will take almost a month as the trend will be monitored if there are not many changes to the infection trend, then the check-in function could be dropped.
This comes as the Malaysian Medical Association (MMA) said that it was time to scrap the practice of having to scan the MySejahtera application for check-ins as the country transitions into the endemic phase from April 1.
Khairy had earlier stressed that the government never sold the MySejahtera application to any private company and it is owned by the government.