Datasonic Group Berhad (Datasonic) and Virtualtech Frontier Sdn Bhd (Virtualtech Frontier) have entered into a Teaming Agreement that marks the beginning of a strategic partnership aimed at leveraging their respective expertise, resources, and capabilities to drive innovation excellence through metaverse in the education technology sector.
The security-based ICT solutions providers in Malaysia teams up with the metaverse development and immersive technology company under an agreement, signed on 29 September 2023 by Dato’ Syahril Abdullah, Chief of Special Projects of Datasonic and Jason Low, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Virtualtech Frontier, solidifies the commitment of both Datasonic and Virtualtech Frontier to explore various facets of metaverse integration in education. The partnership will focus on five (5) key areas:
1) Scaling Up and Presentation to Educational Authorities: Datasonic and Virtualtech Frontier will work together to develop strategies to introduce and scale-up metaverse technology solutions to relevant educational authorities, including the Ministry of Education to advocate for the adoption of this cutting-edge technologies in educational settings.
2) Educational Content Enhancement: The collaboration will involve alignment of metaverse technology with the current curriculum, including enhancement of educational content, to deliver more engaging and impactful learning experiences.
3) Technical Integration and Security Compliance: Ensuring seamless technical integration of metaverse technologies into educational environments while prioritizing the highest standards of security and compliance, safeguarding the privacy and data of students and educators.
4) Scale-Up Strategy and Execution: The partnership will focus on devising and implementing robust strategies for scaling up their joint initiatives, optimizing operations and achieving sustainable growth.
5) Presentation and Advocacy: Datasonic and Virtualtech Frontier will work together to advocate for the benefits of educational technology and make presentations to stakeholders, policymakers and educational institutions to promote the adoption of innovative solutions.
Dato’ Syahril expressed enthusiasm for the partnership, saying, “We are excited to partner with Virtualtech Frontier on this important journey to transform education through technology. This collaboration represents a significant step toward achieving this goal by delivering high quality, secure, and scalable educational solutions. It will enable us to provide students and educators with cutting-edge solutions that enhance learning outcomes.”
Jason Low in his statement said, “We have been working towards revolutionising education solutions for students which will assist them to be future ready with the technological advancement our country is undergoing. We have witnessed many schools that are left behind and their syllabus or structure aren’t modernised which should provide effective solutions to students. With that said, we are honoured to be part of this partnership and we hope more schools jump on this initiative to provide equal opportunities to all.”
The signing of this agreement represents a commitment to innovation, education, and the betterment of society. The metaverse, a dynamic fusion of augmented and virtual reality, holds immense potential to reshape the educational experience by immersing students in engaging and interactive learning environments. This partnership signifies a pivotal moment in the journey towards reshaping the future of education through the transformative power of metaverse technology. Datasonic is excited about the opportunities and solutions that will result from this collaboration.