Alibaba Group recently introduced the English version of its proprietary enterprise communication and collaboration platform known as DingTalk, which aims to enhance communications and redefine collaborations for businesses and SMEs. Currently, over 5 million enterprises and organisations in China are already using the Chinese version.
Hugo Zhu, Chief Technology Officer of DingTalk said: “Malaysia is the first market that DingTalk is venturing into and we focus on building the necessary support foundation for enterprises who aim to step-change their business communications. With this platform, corporations and enterprises in Malaysia have the necessary support to optimise their communication and collaboration effort.”
Available on iOS, Android, Mac and Windows operating systems, DingTalk offers organizational-centric functions and features aimed at improving business-to- business communication and collaboration:
- Unified Communications – supports audio, video and/or conference calls for up to 3,000 parties in a single call; integrated emails, chats and message reminder features; voice and video services are currently only available via VoIP for users outside of China;
- Office Automation – allows businesses to manage attendance, make approvals, maintain business reports, send files of up to 700MB in size;
- Internal and External Collaboration – businesses can book and host meetings, manage CRM information, create tasks and service tickets, set up private chat and more;
- Open Platform – allows third-party SaaS applications and services to be integrated with DingTalk and provide an enterprise service ecosystem for SMEs;
- ISO security certification – Dingtalk is one of the first Chinese apps to have obtained the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard, a globally recognized data security benchmark. That means data is encrypted at SSL/TLS security standards to provide high-level communications protection.
“DingTalk is a platform that combines all workplace tools in one place, allowing collaborations and tracking on both the employer and employee’s level. With the English version of the application, we believe the SMEs and corporations in Malaysia will find collaborative nature of DingTalk fits nicely and enhances their business operations,” Zhu continued.
The goal is to create a secure and effective platform which is mobile-optimised while offering cloud-based office automation solutions and freeing companies from the costs of building or buying software and maintaining their own servers for business communications, workflow management and data storage.