According to a survey by YouGov on behalf of BBazaar Malaysia, 49% of respondents use only one main credit card for purchases. The remaining 51% use multiple credit cards when it comes to shopping. The survey also revealed that those aged 18 to 24 uses only one credit card compared to other age groups. This is probably because many of them are still young and have just entered the job market.

The choice of card to use is also mainly dependent on the amount of cashback and rebates one gets on the card itself. They will also see if the card offers extra discounts on items and places that it can be used to give more savings.  However, the survey revealed that cards that offer more flexi payment packages such as installment offers are more preferred compared to those that offer points and or benefits on overseas spends.

Those between ages 18 to 24 and those with a monthly household income below RM2000 prefer discount rather than cashback or rebates.

Previous articleStrong first quarter in line with increased focus on digital sector for Tune Protect Group Berhad
Next articleAllianz Malaysia records RM1 billion in GWP in Q1 2018


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here