Fixed Line Internet Packages Will Be Introduced For B40

Fixed line broadband Unity Internet Package specifically for the B40 group will be introduced, said the Minister of Communications and Digital, Fahmi Fadzil.

At the Monthly Assembly of the Ministry of Communications and Digital (KKD) here, he said, KKD Secretary General Mohammad Mentek was instructed to consult with relevant parties regarding the package.

“Previously we announced the Mobile Internet Prepaid Unity Package for mobile phones. After this we send KSU (negotiate) to ensure the Unity Package for fixed line broadband Internet,” he said.

Previously, Fahmi announced the Mobile Internet Prepaid Unity Data Plan at twice the price, which is RM5 per month and three times faster which will be on the market starting next month.

The implementation of the package involves five telecommunication service providers, namely CelcomDigi, Maxis, UMobile, Telekom Malaysia and YTL Communications.

Meanwhile, Fahmi said, telecommunication service providers played an important role in completing the 3% of internet access in areas that had not been resolved and the remaining 97% that were detected as having “potholes”.

Fahmi said that he and his deputy, Teo Nie Ching, will ensure that the internet issue in the country is resolved as soon as possible.

Previous articleChina’s Manufacturing and Services PMI in Expansionary Territory in January
Next articleGlobal M&A Opprtunituy Sees Bold Moves: Bain & Co Report Shows


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here