Nextgreen , IOI To Develop RM600 Million Zero-Waste Pulp Plant

Nextgreen Global Berhad, IOI Corporation Berhad’s indirect wholly-owned subsidiary IOI Paper Pulp Sdn Bhd, have inked an agreement to develop the nation’s first large scale zero-waste paper pulp plant within the latter’s 410-acre Green Technology Park located in Pekan, Pahang.

This SA entails the formation of a private limited company, Nextgreen IOI Pulp Sdn Bhd, in which NGGB will hold a 55% stake with the remaining 45% by IOI. The joint entity will develop and operate a paper pulp production facility, which will have an initial capacity of 100,000 metric tonnes per annum of chemical bleached pulp made from oil palm empty fruit bunches using NGGB’s patented Preconditioning Refiner Chemical-Recycle Bleached Mechanised Pulp technology.

This phase of development will take place over the next 18 to 24 months and is expected to cost approximately RM600 million where both shareholders will combine their core business strengths to build a sustainable economic and environmentally friendly future together.

The objective the parties said was to ensure that agricultural waste like EFB, a biomass by-product waste from oil palm industries which is typically unutilised, is transformed into green and sustainable products such as woodfree paper, tissue paper, premium packaging paper and pulp moulded packaging.

NGGB Managing Director Dato’ Lim Thiam Huat said, “This collaborative venture unifies our proactive ESG measures, contributing actively to the nation’s efforts to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.”

IOI Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Dato’ Lee Yeow Chor said, “Together with our palm wood venture utilising oil palm trunks, this joint venture will help IOI to take significant strides towards achieving our group-wide Net Zero emissions target.”

Previous articleSunzen Biotech To Shutdown Its Loss Making Animal Health Division
Next articleToyota Makes Major Structural Changes To Daihatsu’s Export Model


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here