On 9 December 2017, documentary enthusiasts will be able to observe 16 documentary filmmakers from Europe and Asia (with six from Malaysia) pitch their projects to a panel of decision makers from all over the world during the Crossing Borders International Documentary Pitch Open Day. Located in QLIQ Hotel, the event will also feature two selected guests from Malaysia to present their pitch.
Crossing Borders 2017 is in partnership with and supported by FINAS, the National Film Development Corporation Malaysia and MyDocs, the Malaysian Documentary Association, together with the European Documentary Network Campus and Creative Europe Media.
This pitching forum provides a rare opportunity for aspiring documentary filmmakers to witness, learn and experience what it takes to present and sell their story ideas at an international level. This is also perfect for those who are keen on gaining insight into broadcasters and their programming needs, as well as trends in the documentary market on a global level.
The documentary filmmakers will be pitching their projects to a panel of local and international decision makers and buyers such as:
- Dato’ Azmir Saifuddin Mutalib – Deputy Director-General of National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS) (Malaysia)
- Bryan Seah – Head of Original Content of Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (Singapore)
- Justin Diemen – Co-Founder of Aurora Global Media Capital (Singapore)
- Meriem Mesraoua – Grants Coordinator of Doha Film Institute (Qatar)
- Mavourneen Dineen – Supervisor of Al Jazeera 101 East (Malaysia)
- Aziz Hassan – Head of Factual Content Division of Primeworks (Malaysia)
- Taiyi Liu – Section Chief, Media Development Department Curation & Acquisition of DaAi TV (Taiwan)
- Laura Glassman – VP of Regional Programming and Production of National Geographic Channel Asia (Hong Kong)
- Panuksmi Hardjowirogo – Co-Founder of M’GO Films (Singapore)
- Apoorva Bakshi – Head of Original Productions & Partnerships of FilmKaravan (USA)
- Ichiya Yoshihiko – NHK Senior Producer, NHK “World Documentary”, Global Content Development Division, Japan Broadcasting Corp (Japan)
- Astro Malaysia Holdings (Malaysia)