SCIB and Bintai Kinden to Form Strategic Alliance to Explore Opportunities and Projects

Civil engineering specialist Sarawak Consolidated Industries (SCIB) had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Bintai Kinden to establish a strategic alliance for exploring of business opportunities, securing of new projects and sharing of profits.

The MoU, signed on February 6, 2023, is a preliminary step the parties are taking as they explore a working relationship and cooperation to combine skills, expertise, capabilities, experience and collectively bid for projects in Malaysia and to set out the principal terms of the arrangement between the parties.

The JV vehicle to be used is SCIB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, SCIB Infraworks in which SCIB will retain a 51% stake in the JV while Bintai Kinden will subscribe to the remaining 49%.

“We welcome this strategic alliance with Bintai Kinden as both parties can leverage each other’s strengths and expertise that add value to any projects we are involved in together. SCIB’s manufacturing arm, the leading precast concrete and Industrialised Building System products manufacturer in East Malaysia, is already supporting our construction arm in projects throughout the country,” Group Managing Director of SCIB, Encik Rosland bin Othman said.

“Our focus on small-to-mid-sized construction healthcare, educational and utility facilities as well as rural infrastructure projects together with investment in technology such as 3D printing and automation are also strengths that we can leverage on for the future JV projects.”

“This JV brings together two teams with core expertise and knowledge in construction and engineering that will give an edge to projects undertaken together. We expect to see more infrastructure projects in the pipeline as Malaysia’s construction sector gains momentum on the back of economic growth,” Executive Director of SCIB, Mr. Ku Chong Hong remarked.

“We look forward to a fruitful partnership with SCIB as we seek opportunities together across the country. Bintai Kinden’s core expertise is M&E services, and as a multi-disciplined building and industrial service engineers and specialists, we work in all the major market sectors, from commercial buildings to industrial complexes. We design, install and commission systems that include the full range of engineering services which we believe can complement the JV,” Executive Director of Bintai Kinden, En. Azri Azerai said.

Previous articleF&N Poised to be Benefitted from Return of International Tourist: MIDF Research
Next articleIGEM 2023 An Avenue For Leaders To Become Climate Conscious


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here