Protasco Bhd said bankruptcy proceedings it initiated against two judgment debtors, Tey Por Yee and Ooi Kock Aun, have been stayed pending the disposal of their application for leave to appeal to the Federal Court.
Protasco said the Shah Alam High Court on Aug 18, 2026 allowed the respective stay applications filed by the two judgment debtors.
The court also ordered each of the judgment debtors to pay RM500 in costs to Protasco.
The stay applications were filed after Tey and Ooi sought to suspend the bankruptcy proceedings commenced by Protasco while awaiting the outcome of their application for leave to appeal to the Federal Court.
The Federal Court leave application was filed following the Court of Appeal’s decision dated March 9, 2026.
As a result of the High Court’s latest decision, the bankruptcy proceedings against Tey and Ooi will remain stayed until the disposal of the Federal Court leave application.
Protasco had previously announced the bankruptcy proceedings on July 31, 2026. The latest development does not represent a final disposal of the underlying matter, with the next step dependent on the outcome of the Federal Court leave application.





