Vanke Malaysia collaborates with St. John’s International School (SJIS) to initiate the Green Partnership Programme to drive community and corporate social responsibillity (CSR).
“We are encouraging our students to be stewards of their communities and even their country, and this initiative will ensure our pupils are leading the way in sensible and sustainable practices to safeguard the future of our planet,” remarked Suresh Dass, Chief Operating Officer and Principal of SJIS.
The primary objective the programme is to focus on creating awareness about these goals and initiating a dialogue amongst the younger generation about their role in conservation efforts which is in line with United Nations initiatives and guidelines. The partnership is supported by EcoKnights® a member of Malaysia Environmental NGOs and Global Environment Centre (GEC).
The Six Sustainable Development Goals are:
- Zero Hunger – A 30 Hour Famine Movement DIY Camp by World Vision Malaysia
- Quality Education – A leadership camp with Orang Asli
- Life on Land – An adoption drive for Kiki the Hornbill at Zoo Negara
- Responsible Consumption & Production – An environmental education programme by GEC
- Clean Water & Sanitation – A collaboration with Eco Knights®
- The primary partnership with Vanke Malaysia to meet the school’s Sustainable Development Goals
SJIS prides itself on a well-rounded, holistic education curriculum, focusing as much on academics as extra-curricular activities, and this initiative will continue to promote values of respect and responsibility among its students.
Vanke Malaysia, a Fortune 500 company global outreach, a leading property developer that brings together ‘communities, innovation and sustainability’ to create best-in-class residential development, and will offer significant resources and support to the school in meeting their sustainability goals.