Oasis Harvest Seeks Court Protection As It Faces Winding-Up Threat

Oasis Harvest Corporation Bhd has taken further legal steps to prevent a potential winding-up petition against the company as it continues to contest an ongoing court case involving Datuk Anthony Abang.

The company said it filed a Notice of Motion for Stay with the Court of Appeal on Aug 11, seeking a stay of the High Court Order 1. The application is scheduled to be heard on Aug 27, 2026.

The legal dispute, identified as Datuk Anthony Abang v Hoh Yeong Cherng, Low Teck Yin and Oasis was previously disclosed in Oasis Harvest’s quarterly report for the period ended March 31, 2026, as well as its abridged prospectus dated Aug 12, 2026 relating to its rights issue with warrants.

Oasis Harvest said it subsequently filed an originating summons in the High Court on Aug 12 seeking a Fortuna injunction to restrain the plaintiff from filing or presenting a winding-up petition against the company.

The company filed certificates of urgency for both the stay and injunction applications on Aug 13.

However, the plaintiff’s counsel gave an undertaking not to wind up the company before Aug 27, the date scheduled for the Court of Appeal hearing of the stay application.

In view of that undertaking, the High Court ruled that there was no immediate necessity to grant the interim order sought by Oasis Harvest.

Separately, the High Court fixed Aug 28 for a mention on the interim injunction application, during which the parties will update the court on the proceedings before the Court of Appeal and receive further directions, if necessary.

Latest News

Must read