GTA Holdings Clarifies Middle East MRO Project Not On Hold

GTA Holdings Bhd has clarified that its proposed expansion of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) activities into the Middle East has not been abandoned, following a report that the plans had been put on hold.

The company said the expansion was instead being assessed in light of the prevailing situation in the region, with the group waiting for an appropriate time to proceed.

GTA Holdings made the clarification in response to an article which reported remarks by managing director and chief executive officer Dato’ Nonee Ashirin Mohd Radzi.

The company said it has up to 24 months to utilise the relevant proceeds allocated for the Middle East expansion.

GTA Holdings also clarified that Nonee’s visit to the Middle East in February 2026 was preliminary and exploratory in nature, and that the group had not entered into any formal commercial discussions during the visit.

The clarification comes as GTA Holdings prepares for its listing on Bursa Malaysia’s ACE Market, with the company’s prospectus dated Aug 19, 2026.

On its planned expansion into the provision of MRO services in Brunei Darussalam, GTA Holdings said the further announcement referred to by Nonee relates to a distribution agreement with Safran Helicopter Engines (Safran HE).

The agreement is one of several arrangements that will be entered into to formalise a memorandum of understanding signed in July 2026.

However, the company stressed that the commencement of the intended Brunei operations remains subject to several conditions, including the completion of the approval process for a reciprocal agreement with Safran HE.

GTA Holdings said it continues to target completion of the approval process by the end of 2026.

Latest News

Must read