CIMB to continue repayment assistance programme

CIMB Bank Berhad and CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad has announced that its repayment assistance programme continues to be made available, to allow sufficient time for CIMB customers to apply.

This is especially for those who have been affected by the resurgence of the pandemic and enhanced movement control order, but have yet to come forward to discuss with the Bank.

The Bank has processed and approved close to 100 percent of repayment assistance applications from
both individual and SME customers. As at mid-October, these approvals amounted to over RM10
billion for more than 60,000 applications from these two categories of customers.

Currently, around 85 percent of its customer base have resumed repayment of their financing as scheduled, from Oct 1, while the remaining 15 percent comprise of customers who have taken up the repayment assistance as well as others who are still negotiating restructuring terms with CIMB.

The Bank stands ready to assist customers during this period and urges customers who are in need of financial assistance to get in touch with the bank.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here